Felix Felicis, also called "liquid luck", is a magical potion firstly introduced on Professor Slughorn's first potion class in Hogwarts. Felix Felicis makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, depending on how much is taken, during which everything they attempt will be successful. It's meant to be used sparingly, however, as it causes giddiness, recklessness, and dangerous overconfidence if taken in excess. Felix is highly toxic in large quantities and is also a banned substance in all organised competitions, such as Quidditch, along with all other methods of cheating. It is very difficult to make, disastrous to get wrong, and requires six months to stew before it's ready to be consumed.
- —Harry Potter after drinking Felix Felicis[src]
|Individual taking Potion||Date||Notes|
|Albus Dumbledore||Unknown||"Only recreationally"|
|Horace Slughorn||Once at age 24 and once at age 57||Had two perfect days|
|Harry Potter||21 April, 1997||Used the potion to get a memory fromHorace Slughorn|
|Ron Weasley||30 June, 1997||Used the potion to help him escape from Death Eaters' curses|
|Ginny Weasley||30 June, 1997||Used the potion to help her escape from Death Eaters' curses|
|Hermione Granger||30 June, 1997||Used the potion to help her escape from Death Eaters' curses|
- Harry obtained the uncorrupted memory from Horace Slughorn about Horcruxes. During this adventure, evidence of luck was following him.
- Harry was able to keep his word to his friend Hagrid and attend Aragog's funeral.
- Filch had left the front doors of the castle unlocked.
- Slughorn was tempted to accompany Harry to Hagrid's by the possibility of obtaining valuableAcromantula venom.
- Harry was able to use a non-verbal refilling spell, even though he had not completely mastered non-verbal spells, so Slughorn would not run out of drink (in order to get him drunk).
- Harry bumped into Ginny as they passed each other at the portrait entryway, making Ginny think that her boyfriend Dean Thomas was trying to help her into the portrait hole. This incident, compounded by others, eventually resulted in their breaking up with each other.
- Harry also caused the break up of Ron Weasley and Lavender Brown by donning his Cloak of Invisibilitybefore leaving the boys' dormitory. When Ron descended the stairs after him with Hermione Granger, Lavender assumed the worst about the pair of them and dumped Ron.
- Harry was able to sneak out and back into the castle undetected by unwanted forces; even when the potion's effect was about to dissipate, he was able to evade Peeves.
Find out the poroperties of SOPOPHOROUS BEANS